File this under “things I’m skeptical about”, but according to Pitchfork’s “real non-imaginary source”, Pavement is actually going to reunite to play a benefit show in NYC in late 2010.
I’m cautiously excited, because they really are my favorite band, but…
- Rumors of a Pavement reunion crop up every year or two
- They’re notoriously cryptic pranksters
- Their live shows, by all accounts, were always fairly hit and miss
- SM & The Jicks kick all kinds of ass
- Inevitable reunion stigma
This isn’t to say it couldn’t be good, or wouldn’t be good; some reunions have been awesome and worthwhile. Damned if I don’t want to go anyway.
Update: It’s totally real and Amy and I are totally going to go. I always wanted an excuse to visit New York for more than an hour.
Add comment September 16th, 2009